Founded in 1973, Indian Creek School is distinguished by its welcoming community, neuroscience-based approach to education, ample opportunities for extra-curricular involvement, differentiated teaching, innovative faculty, student-centered culture and commitment to be a family school. Indian Creek School enrolls approximately 535 students in grades Pre-K through twelve from diverse ethnic, racial, religious, and economic backgrounds. This position is a full time,12-month staff position, reporting to the Director of Technology and Campus Planning.
- Provide day-to-day support for all technology systems (hardware, software, etc.) including A/V systems, Active Directory, Azure AD, Blackbaud K12, Extreme Networks, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Intune, VMWare, Windows and MacOS, iPads, laptops, SMART Boards, and more
- Manage incident and request lifecycles through a help desk trouble ticket system and maintain established SLA’s and department goals
- Support and train faculty, staff, students, and parents/guardians in how to use relevant technologies for their role(s)
- Promote use of and compliance with IT best practices
- Create and maintain workflows, documentation, policies, and procedures related to technology operations.
- Provide support for events and activities with occasional evenings and weekends required
- Partner with department leaders and colleagues to plan, organize, develop, and communicate technology initiatives and matters
- Other duties as assigned
- Positive, forward-thinking ‘can-do’ attitude
- Self-motivated and able to work independently through challenges in a calm, objective way
- Adaptable and comfortable with change
- Diplomatic, welcoming, and patient
- A knack for figuring things out without specific training or prior knowledge
- Able to provide general and specialized support with a variety of technologies such as learning management systems, school information systems, computer hardware, phones, printers, networking, Wi-Fi, and A/V systems
- Able to anticipate needs before they arise with a proactive approach toward making systems more reliable, productive, efficient, and secure for the school
- Maintain positive and productive interpersonal relationships with students, parents, faculty, and staff
- Serve as a leader for using instructional technology in meaningful ways to enhance teaching and learning
- Partner and collaborate with department leaders and colleagues to plan, organize, develop, and communicate technology initiatives and matters
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field with a minimum of 4 years of related experience is preferred
- Federal and state background clearance
- School environment including indoor and outdoor activities
- Read handwritten documents and other records or reports
- Exchange information in person, by computer, or on the telephone (as needed)
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 30 lbs., climb stairs, crawl under desks as needed to install/move computers
Salary/Benefits: Competitive salary depending on exact hours, education and experience. Excellent benefit package including life, health and dental coverage. Partial tuition remission for children attending Indian Creek School.
: Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Ben Gehle, firstname.lastname@example.org
or 1130 Anne Chambers Way, Crownsville, MD 20132.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. Indian Creek School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.