ICS students have the option to work individually with a Learning Support coach on a regular basis for academic support and skill/strategy development. The Learning Support Program emphasizes the development and/or improvement of general organizational skills, planning, prioritizing, task initiation, and time management. The goal of the Learning Support program is to help students develop the skills and strategies they need to be effective, independent learners.
Upper School students may sign up for Learning Support sessions by semester on a 2-day/week or 4-day/week basis.
Learning Support Program Mission and Goal:
- Our Learning Specialists and Coaches partner with grade-level advisors and teachers to provide learning support for all enrolled students with the goal of creating independent and self-aware learners.
- Our mission is to help each student achieve their learning goals by encouraging developmentally appropriate levels of responsibility, empowerment, and self-advocacy.
- Our goal is to provide enhanced learning services through learning sessions with a Learning Coach. These services have an additional fee based on the frequency of meetings between the student and the Learning Coach.
Learning Support Program in Upper School:
2 days Per Week (9-12th Grade)
- A fee of $1,500 per semester
- Meeting between the student and assigned Learning Coach 2 times per week
- Students should choose a GTD instead of an elective course or may meet with a learning coach before school during enrichment time
4 days per week (9-12th Grade)
- A fee of $2,500 per semester
- Meeting between the student and assigned Learning Coach 4 times per week
- 9-12th grade – MUST choose GTD instead of another class.
2 days / 4 days Learning Support Sessions Include:
- Materials Management (digital/physical)
- Focus on using a planner/agenda
Creating systems (materials, time spent on assignments, etc.)
- Prioritizing work
- Time management
- Study skills